- Organizers: Nico Luco and Sanaz Rezaeian
- Date: Friday, August 9, 2013 (09:00-17:00)
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn, Burlingame, CA
- Participants: 12 total (view list)
To plan, in detail, the subset of validation efforts of the GMSV-SEISM Subgroup that will be coordinated. Detailed coordination of these efforts will allow for clear and meaningful comparisons of the validation results from the three subgroup teams (Stanford, UCI+Naples, UCLA). Detailed plans and illustrative results can be presented at the SCEC Annual Meeting (GMSV workshop).
|09:00 - 9:30||Summary of previously-discussed plans of GMSV-SEISM Subgroup||N. Luco|
Question 1: What ground motion simulations/models are we validating?
|09:30 - 10:00||Simulated ground motions available from SCEC Broadband Platform validation project||C. Goulet|
Question 2: For use in what engineering applications are we validating the ground motion simulations/models?
|10:00 - 10:15||Building-code nonlinear response history analysis (NRHA) of MDoF buildings||F. Zareian|
|10:15 - 10:45||California Seismic Hazard Mapping Act (SHMA) landslide analysis and building-code response history analysis||J. Stewart|
|10:45 - 11:00||Break|
|11:00 - 11:15||Engineering applications considered via SDoF "proxies"||L. Burks|
Question 3: How are we doing the validation for each engineering application?
|11:15 - 11:30||Validation tests for building-code NRHA of MDoF buildings||L. Burks|
|11:30 - 12:00||Proposed validation tests for CA SHMA landslide analysis and building-code site response analysis||N. Luco|
|12:00 - 12:15||Validation tests for GMPE development by Broadband Platform validation project||C. Goulet|
|12:15 - 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00 - 13:45||Discussion and agreement on engineering applications to consider (Question 2)||All|
|13:45 - 14:45||Discussion and agreement on validation tests to develop and implement (Question 3)||All|
|14:45 - 15:00||Break|
|15:00 - 15:45||Continued discussion and agreement on validation tests (Question 3)||All|
|15:45 - 16:30||Discussion and agreement on ground motion simulations/models to validate (Question 1)||All|
|16:30 - 17:00||Plans for GMSV-SEIM subgroup presentations at SCEC Annual Meeting GMSV TAG Workshop||All|
Kioumars Afshari (UCLA), Jack Baker (Stanford), Nenad Bijelic (Stanford), Lynne Burks (Stanford), Christine Goulet (PEER), Iunio Iervolino (Naples), Ting Lin (Stanford), Nicolas Luco (USGS), Sanaz Rezaeian (USGS), Jonathan Stewart (UCLA), Farzin Zareian (UCI), Peng Zhong (UCI)
- On February 22 (2013), the following participants had a conference call on the GMSV TAG efforts for the SCEC Software Environment for Integrated Seismic Modeling (SEISM) Project: 1) Jack Baker, Stanford; 2) Nicolas Luco, USGS; 3) Sanaz Rezaeian, USGS; 4) Jonathan Stewart, UCLA; 5) Farzin Zareian, UC Irvine.
- On May 30 (2013), the following participants had another conference call on the GMSV TAG efforts for the SCEC SEISM Project: 1) Kioumars Afshari, UCLA; 2) Iunio Iervolino, Naples Federico II; 3) Nicolas Luco, USGS; 4) Sanaz Rezaeian, USGS; 5) Jonathan Stewart, UCLA; 6) Farzin Zareian, UC Irvine.